Marksman Demo 0.0.7.006 (Mar 03 2017)
- Make the physiology visualization available through extras
- Add draft version of Saiga 12 (full auto shotgun)
- Add new hurt/pain audio samples
- Introduce backwards compatible settings (keep settings when upgrading to newer versions from now on)
- Tweak some entry/exit wound sizes
- Tweak weapon accuracy penalties for movement and firing
- Rename AK-47 to AKM
- Fix issue with throwing grenades through doors from a distance
- Fix issue with passing control from player when turned ragdoll
- Fix issue with audio playing on collision between casings and characters
The sandbox demo of Crisis Response is available! This is an early demo and far from polished. It shows an early version of some of the action elements that will be in the final game.
Download it here: cr-setup-0.0.6.1.exe
Or from IndieDB, the best place to track the progress:
- Detailed model for projectile ballistics
- Blood and gore on top of a physiology system
- Bullet time and slow motion
- Detailed and realistic weapon mechanics
- Sandbox setting with extra controls/cheats
I have been working toward this release for quite some time and the plan now is to release more often. My road ahead is to continue toward a prototype with the full feature set which will include more than the action available in this demo.
The full feature set
Many governments don't negotiate with terrorists. And this game will not feature terrorists. This game is going to be on a smaller scale, about managing a special police unit that handles barricaded suspects. A core feature will be the negotiation of peaceful solutions before resorting to tactical entry. The player will also manage the tactical team to keep it in tip-top shape. The graphic below shows a very high-level flow chart of the intended prototype game-play. The main loop is around the missions which will be tied to a timeline in the campaign.
The sandbox will continue
While I work toward the prototype I will keep adding features to the sandbox. These will be released with new versions of the sandbox demo. All features that make sense in the sandbox will be added to it along the way.
Thank you for reading, and if you haven't tried the demo please do!
I'm launching the sandbox demo of Crisis Response. Part of the launch is setting up this site, something I hope to get around to real soon. In the mean time please use these other sites to find out what's happening to the game:
Page 2 of 2